Reformed Evangelical Confession of Faith
We believe in the only true and living God, who is eternal and whose existent depends on Himself, who surpasses and precedes all creation. In His eternity He exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the One God. He created the universe out of nothing by the mighty power of His Word and sustain and rules over everything He created and upholds His eternal decrees.
We believe that the Scripture, both the Old and the New Testaments, is God’s perfect revelation and given to the human authors through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and, for that reason, is inerrant in its original text. The Scripture reveals the testimony of the Holy Spirit and is the supreme and absolute authority for faith and conduct for individuals, the church, and the society. We believe that the Scripture is without error in everything it teaches, including those concerning history and science.
We believe that man was uniquely created after the image and the likeness of God, endowed with holiness, righteousness, and true knowledge; he was commanded by God to think after His thoughts as a fruitful covenant keeper; he was given the authority to rule over and to work out God’s creation for His glory. We believe that all aspects of life must be lived under God’s instructions as an expression of man’s obedience to God’s laws.
We believe that in Adam who was the representative of all mankind, all mankind has fallen into sin and death: spiritually dead, deserving God’s righteous wrath, without hope and without help to obtain salvation, be it by themselves, by others, or by anything in this world.
COVENANT OF GRACE
We believe that God in eternity has made a covenant for His elects with Christ as the Head, that through Christ’s perfect obedience and His substitutionary death on the cross, Christ satisfied God’s wrath against His people. Through the power of Christ’s resurrection, God constantly calls and gathers His people in all the ages and from all the nations to become a royal priesthood and a holy nation for His glory.
We believe in Jesus Christ, the second Person of the Triune God, true God and true man, the only Mediator between God and man and mankind’s only Savior: who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived without sin, crucified, died and rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God the Father to make intercession for His people as the victorious Great Priest and full of understanding. He will come again in His glorious body, visible and imminent, to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Triune God, the Divine Inspirer of the Holy Scripture, who convinces men of their sins through His Word, who regenerates them so that faith in Christ and repentance that leads to salvation may grow in them; He empowers believers to obey God’s laws; He bestows upon Christ’s Church gifts for the ministry of the saints; He intercedes for the faithful with groanings too deep for words until the day God’s people will be glorified.
CHURCH and MISSION
We believe in the one and holy catholic Church, consisting of all God’s elects from all the ages, a part of which is now gathered in the local and visible churches. The local and visible churches must manifest the nature of this holy catholic Church by keeping pure of its teaching according to the Scripture, by emphasizing on the unity based on truth in the bond of love with other local and visible churches from various existing denominations, by reflecting God’s glory in worship, in the teaching of the Word of God, in the ordinances of baptism and of the Lord’s Supper, in fellowship, in the exercise of discipline in love, and in ministry and in mission. We believe that the Church exists in this world to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to assert Christ’s lordship through real actions. The Church carries out Christ’s mission to establish God’s Kingdom on earth through evangelistic efforts and other efforts to declare and to realize righteousness and justice in love to renew the world. We believe that the Church, its officers, and the laypersons, as God’s people, is the key to evangelization and discipleship of all the world’s nations until Christ comes in glory to bring into completion the fulfillment of His Kingdom.
Confession of Evangelism
01) We believe that the Gospel is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes.
02) We believe in the one God in three Persons, Creator of man and the universe, the Supreme Judge over all sins and the fountain of man’s salvation.
03) We believe that the fall of man is a historical fact that effects pollution to the whole human nature. For that reason, man is incapable of saving himself.
04) We believe in the sovereign grace of God towards man, unworthy to receive salvation, that elects His people in His supreme wisdom by His eternal decree, works out in the dynamic process of history to redeem those in his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.
05) We believe that the incarnation of Jesus Christ through the virgin birth, his sinless life, crucifixion, death, resurrection, and ascension are historical facts that constitute the essence and message of the Gospel as the only mean to obtain God’s salvation.
06) We believe in the cleansing power of the blood of Jesus Christ, contained in His substitutive, propitiative, redemptive, and reconciliatory sacrifice that gives new life to man.
07) We believe in the preaching of the Gospel as the only good news that provides the foundation for a blessed life and an eternal hope for mankind.
– a) The living witness of true Christians who submit themselves to God’s commandments.
– b) The creation of personal encounters between sinners and God through the intermediation of Jesus Christ.
– c) The cause that produces saving faith in man’s heart.
– d) The key to church growth and delight for His eternal presence.
08) We believe that repentance is the evidence of new birth from the Holy Spirit who generates true faith in Jesus Christ and brings forth the fruits of new life.
09) We believe in the anointment of the Holy Spirit in evangelism in the form of courage, wisdom, power, and joy to be a witness for those who obey Jesus Christ’s Great Commission.
10) We believe in the finality of the gospel which is perfect in itself, which cannot be replaced or compared to other religious thoughts, philosophical ideas, and worldly good works (those things differ qualitatively), or to cultural mandates and social concerns in the orthodox and the evangelical faiths (those things are only supplementary for the pre- and post-evangelism), or to the gift of the Holy Spirit, miracles, and signs and wonders in the Scripture (which God may use at times to attest His Gospel). We must uphold the completeness of the Gospel.
11) We believe in the unchanging power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is able to preserve His redeemed people and to transform the society through their witnesses until the day of the consummation of glory when Christ returns again.